Natural Remedies For PCOS
Natural remedies for PCOS form an integral part of the overall treatment.
These include diet, exercise, weight loss and alternative therapies such as herbs for PCOS, supplements and others.
Though alternative treatments are not regulated at the moment like standard drugs, many women are reported relief from these.
this article, I will present a brief listing of some of the alternative
therapies that are being used by women today and a professional advice
in using these products.
Diet, Exercise And Weight Loss
These three are an integral part of standard medical therapy. They
are not just some lifestyle changes to make but actually medical
treatment for PCOS. You will therefore want to give particular attention
- The PCOS diet is tailored to address the underlying insulin-related metabolic problems and will also help in weight loss.
- PCOS weight loss
is easy to recommend but one of the most challenging steps for women.
If you are having difficulties with weight loss or already frustrated by
it, this article on PCOS weight loss is a must read.
- Exercise produces enormous health benefits and also helps in weight loss.
Alternative Natural Remedies For PCOS
These include dietary supplements, herbs and others like acupunture.
Please take note of the following points as you use alternative natural
remedies for PCOS
- They are not regulated and safety-efficacy medical evidence may be lacking for some.
- They may not work for you, though other women report significant improvement.
- Do not take any PCOS herbs without a second opinion about their safety. Verify data a website or merchant presents to you!
to your doctor before starting alternative treatments. He will not
necessarily say “NO” but will guide you and make sure it is suitable,
safe and does not interact with your medical treatments.
If you feel your symptoms are poorly controlled by conventional
therapy, trying a safe alternative therapy may not be a bad idea.
Do not stop your medical treatments to purchase herbs. If you feel you
really have to do so, seek advice from your doctor, even by telephone,
- You do not need to take all the
supplements and herbs to begin with! Start with one which you think is
suitable for you and observe its effects over months.
Some supplements used include
- Chromium. Chromium can help with weight loss and reduce sugar levels. Take as 200mcg a day
- Zinc. May control appetite and cravings for sweets. Give as Zinc Citrate 30mg a day
- Multivitamins. A multivitamin tablet daily be provide many vitamins as well as little quantities of the above minerals. Read the labels.
Herbs For PCOS
There are a vast array of herbs used today . Those with some research evidence of their activity include
- Agnus castus
.This appears to regulate the function of the pituitary gland and the
hormones that control the function of the ovaries. Taken as raw herb at a
dose of 1g once a day. It is not to be used by pregnant or lactating
- Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens).They
may reduce androgens especially testosterone by blocking the enzyme
that produces them and thus relieving weight gain, abnormal hair and
other symptoms associated with these hormones. It is to be taken as
160mg of saw palmetto extract taken once or twice a day.
is an anti-oxidant which may further decrease excess androgens when
combined with saw palmetto. It is taken as 1mg of purified extract once a
Some women find relief with Aromatherpy, homeopathy, acupuncture and others.
Return From Natural Remedies For PCOS To Menstruation Home