PMDD symptoms are almost the same as those of PMS.
This is also true for PMDD treatment. The Premenstrual Dysphoric
Disorder( PMDD) is essentially severe Premenstrual Syndrome(PMS) with
pronounced symptoms especially PMS depression which can really be
Symptoms of PMDD
The variety of the symptoms of PMDD are similar to PMS symptoms except that PMDD is more severe.PMS depression is typically debilitating and is an important marker for the disease. You can read more on the difference between pmd and pmdd.
The basic symptoms are also divided into three groups as in PMS
- Mood symptoms especially PMS depression.
- Behavioral such as craving for sweets.
- Physical or body symptoms such as headache
symptoms of the premenstrual dysphoric disorder are essentially the
same as those of PMS. The one most critical distinguishing factor is
that PMDD symptoms are more severe and often debilitating.
Other key facts to retain include
symptoms, like those of PMS, follow the pattern of occurrence of
menstrual flow. It can therefore be well predicted as much as menses.
always begin during the last week of the luteal phase and almost always
end completely a few days after menstruation begins.
- Mood symptoms are more pronounced than those of PMS.
- Irritability is one of the cardinal symptoms.
- These symptoms often cause relationship tensions with loved ones.
are a myriad of possible symptoms and do not all occur in every woman.
Five or more of the symptoms may indicate PMDD. The basic symptoms can
be divided into three groups as in PMS: Mood, behavioral and physical.
Common symptoms include
- Lack of interest in activities and relationships.
depressive symptoms such as fatique, difficulty concerntrating, guilt,
hopelessness, mood swings with periods of crying, and suicidal
- Irritability, panic attack or anger
- sleep disturbances
- Binge eating and cravings for particular foods.
- Feeling ‘out of control’
- Sexual problems such as increase or decrease in libido.
- Physical symptoms, such as headaches, bloating, and pain in breasts, muscles or joints.
Return To PMS Symptoms
Return from PMDD Symptoms to Menstruation Home