Signs Of Early Menopause
Women asking about the signs of early menopause are either considering
premature menopause as the disease causing some of the symptoms they are
facing or have been told the diagnosis by physician.
A few women I have encountered have me this question because they have
heard it during “women talk” and now begin to get worried about a
similar symptom that may not be related to premature menopause.
Early Menopause Signs
The symptoms of premature menopause are basically the symptoms of menopause. These include
- Cessation of menses as the ultimate symptom
- Hot flashes
- Urinary symptoms like frequent urination and burning
- Vaginal dryness
- Decreased skin elasticity
- Decreased sexual drive and pain with intercourse
- Weight gain
- Psychological symptoms mild mood changes
- Breast changes such as shrinkage
Early or Premature menopause is not a natural phenomenon so women affected by this condition may have two sets of symptoms
- Symptoms specific to the menopause state, related to the loss of estrogen.
- Symptoms of the underlying disease such as autoimmune disorders that may be causing the condition.
During evaluation, the physician will be better placed to explain what is going on for each specific woman.
specific symptoms of premature menopause are essentially the symptoms
of menopause due to the natural decline of estrogen including hot
flashes, irregular menses and ultimate cessation, vaginal dryness,
painful intercourse etc.
Specific Early Menopause Symptoms?
As noted above, early menopause will cause similar symptoms due to the menopause state just as natural menopause. See menopause and menstruation.
there is a single factor specific to the early menopause state. The
symptoms are often more severe than those of natural menopause. The
reason is because most of the causes of premature menopause will often
completely destroy the ovaries with no residual low level estrogen
secretion as occurs in natural menopause.
Return To Menstruation home